Thursday, November 22, 2007

Family Thanksgiving

[Carole’s message to family for Thanksgiving 2000)

FAMILY IS FOREVER

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! WITH LOTS OF LOVE! MOM & DAD

Our hearts will be with you all. We all have so much to be thankful for. Let's bow our heads and thank God for our many blessings, which we have many.

Think of all the wonderful Thanksgivings in our lives. One thing I remember vividly is my Mother, in her apron, leaning over the oven, basting the turkey. We'd all gather around inhaling the good smells, anxiously awaiting the best feasts I'd ever eaten.

Every year, Thanksgiving was time for getting out Grandma's flow blue china, washing it and setting the table until it's beauty almost took my breath away. It was time for the special treat of whipped cream (a luxury for us) we spooned atop Mom's delicious pumpkin pie, also the best I've ever eaten.

But, best of all, it was time for our family to all be together. Grandma and relatives came. Father Paul and anyone else who had nowhere to go joined us for dinner. Mom always had room for one more. It was a day of love, togetherness and merriment...days, I'm grateful, were some of the best memories of my life. How about you? We love you all.

Hugs and kisses galore,

No comments: