Saturday, November 17, 2007

WHEN THE KIDS WERE CELEBRATING MY 70TH BIRTHDAY

When the kids were celebrating my 70th birthday, this summer, at The Shack family bonfire, they presented me with these … [my remarks in italics] Tom read them to me while everyone laughed, chiding me.

CAROLE'S 11 LIFE LESSONS AFTER 70 YEARS

1. No email should go unforwarded. info with family and friends.
[Are they trying to tell me I forward too much email … to too many people …too often. Well, it is true; I do like to share all my good

2. Every good recipe starts with a stick of butter. [Are they accusing me of cooking with too much saturated fat? Who ever heard of making a good cookie without butter? Butter adds pleasure to our dining.]

3. Writing a book is easy, it only takes 30 years. [Are they making fun of me for writing about raccoons for over 30 years? Am I crazy? Does that show dedication … or what? Like The Little Engine That Could …’I thought I could, I thought I could, and I did persevere and write my books … and publish them..]

4. A movie made, is a movie worth watching. [Are they trying to tell me that I do not use much discrepancy when choosing movies … that I’ll watch anything … as long as it is a movie? No way! I choose my movies very carefully. Just check out my Netfix lists … you’ll see.]

5. A taco IS a sandwich. [I told them a taco was a sandwich but they didn’t believe me. Now they know. We found it in a crossword puzzle but it is too late for me to get credit for my answer in that game we were playing.]

6. If someone thinks it is worth saying, I think it is worth saying twice. [Are they saying I repeat myself? Oh, now REALLY, family ...Is that so bad?]

7. Everyone should have a servant named Larry. [
I know I love my Larry. He is devoted to me.]

8. A pool is not a luxury it is a necessity.
[It sure was in the stifling Georgia summer. Thank God, we had one in our backyard.]

9. Bras are over rated. [
Can’t say that enough! Uncomfortable as hell.]

10. If they have a pulse, they are worth talking to. [
Are they trying to imply that I’ll talk to anyone … anywhere … anytime? Well, I guess I do have to admit to being guilty of that. So what? I like people!]

11. Need a parking spot at Christmas? Pray to St. Anthony [That’s my advice. He always comes through for me. Has for years!]

1 comment:

emiller said...

I love you mom just as you are.